Thomas E. Mulinazzi, Esq.
Mr. Mulinazzi focuses his practice on family and domestic law. He is an experienced and highly regarded successful litigator, a valued Best Interests Attorney (BIA) for Minor children appointed by the Court, and he is a successful mediator and Collaborative Law practitioner. He recognizes that a divorce or custody dispute is a tragic and emotionally difficult experience for the entire family. He strives to help his clients make the best and long lasting decisions for themselves and their families. As a former classroom teacher Mr. Mulinazzi is adept at explaining complicated information and presenting successful cases at trial. He cares for his clients and enjoys helping them navigate through this difficult period in their lives. You can read the dozens of positive client reviews about Mr. Mulinazzi on various websites such as Avvo.com, Yelp.com, Facebook and others.
Mr. Mulinazzi has successfully litigated and negotiated cases before the Circuit and District Courts in all jurisdictions in Central Maryland. He has successfully handled complex property and business valuation cases and prosecuted and defended complicated alimony claims. He enjoys an excellent reputation with the Bench and Bar and the Judges frequently appoint Mr. Mulinazzi to represent children in the most contentious domestic cases. Likewise, he is a frequent and dedicated volunteer to unrepresented and low income clients and is entrusted by the Court to provide biannual seminars to advise pro se clients on navigating the court process.
He has also serves as a settlement facilitator for the Circuit Court of Baltimore City and taught a seminar on custody law for the Pro Bono Resource Center. Before forming the Mulinazzi Law Office, Mr. Mulinazzi worked as an associate for a general practice firm in Beltsville, MD where he was the Senior Associate, overseeing the family law docket for the firm. He also worked at Weinberg, & Schwartz in Columbia, MD where he worked exclusively on family law cases. Prior to private practice, Mr. Mulinazzi worked for the Family Division of the Circuit Court for Baltimore City for 2 ½ years as a judicial law clerk to two highly respected jurists.
Areas of Practice
- Collaborative Divorce
- Spousal Support/Alimony
- Custody & Visitation and Child Support
- Domestic Violence/Ex Parte Hearings
- Best Interests Attorney for Minor Children
- Separation, PreNuptial, and PostNuptial Agreements
- Adult Guardianships
- University of Maryland School of Law, Baltimore, 2003
- Towson University, Master of Art in Teaching, 1995
- Dickinson College, Bachelor of Art, Carlisle, Pennsylvania, 1991
- Hammond High School, Columbia, Maryland, 1986
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Howard County Collaborative Law Group
- Howard County Bar Association Family Law Section
- Howard County Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals