KIM E. STEPANUK, ESQ.
ATTORNEY KIM E. STEPANUK
Ms. Stepanuk is an award-winning family and domestic law attorney. Her accolades include being ranked as “Superb” with a 10.0 rating by Avvo.com, selected as a Rising Star Maryland Super Lawyer. She successfully negotiates and settles even the most contentious cases involving custody, property division, child support, and alimony. She has assisted in many complex property cases, and has litigated countless divorces and custody merits hearings. She and the other attorneys at Mulinazzi Law Office volunteer to take dozens of cases from the Maryland Volunteer Lawyer Service (MVLS) each year in order to help those most vulnerable litigants who could not otherwise protect their rights in court. As a result, the Law Office won Law Office of the Year from the Pro Bono Resource Center in 2019 and Law Office of the Year in 2017 from the Maryland Volunteer Lawyer Service.
Ms. Stepanuk has successfully litigated and negotiated cases before the Circuit and District Courts in all jurisdictions in Central Maryland. Ms. Stepanuk is also a certified mediator and is able to mediate all issues surrounding family law matters.
Prior to joining Mulinazzi Law Office, Ms. Stepanuk worked for a boutique family law firm in Rockville and served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Yolanda A. Tanner in the Circuit Court for Baltimore City. Ms. Stepanuk is also admitted to practice law in the District of Columbia.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Spousal Support/Alimony
- Custody & Visitation and Child Support
- Property Division and Monetary Awards
- Domestic Violence / Protective Order / Peace Order
- Extreme Risk Protective Orders
- Best Interests and Child Privilege Attorney for Minor Children
- Separation, Pre-Nuptial, and Post-Nuptial Agreements
- Cohabitation Disputes and Cohabitation Agreements
- Custody Agreements and Parenting Plans
- Alternative Dispute Resolution: Mediation / Arbitration
- Adult and Minor Guardianships
Employment and Labor Disputes
- Advising Small Businesses
- University of Baltimore School of Law, Juris Doctor (Litigation and Advocacy), 2013
- Virginia Tech, Bachelor of Art in Urban and Regional Planning, 2010
- Virginia Tech, Bachelor of Art in Political Science, 2010
- Chantilly High School, Chantilly, Virginia, 2006
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Howard County Bar Association Family Law Section
- Maryland Association for Justice (MAJ)
- Maryland State Bar Association